During the last decade there have been many advances made in the field of orthodontics. One such advance was the invention of removable teeth aligners that can be used to reposition and straighten your teeth over time. These aligners, which were developed by a company called Invisalign, are being used more and more instead of traditional metal braces.
How does Invisalign work?
- It uses a series of clear, removable aligners that are individually shaped to slowly shift the placement and alignment of your teeth.
- Every two weeks, you put aside the current set of aligners and begin using the next set in the series until your teeth have been moved into correct positioning.
- Invisalign treatment usually takes about a year to complete.
Benefits of Invisalign
- Their clear color makes them difficult to see, which helps eliminate the anxiety most people have about getting braces.
- You remove them to eat – no food can get stuck in them as it does in traditional braces.
- You remove them to brush and floss – keeping your dental routine just as easy as it always has been.
- You can even remove them for a special event when you want to look your best.
If you have crooked or crowded teeth and would like to learn more about how Invisalign can greatly improve the appearance of your smile, contact us today to schedule your Complimentary Consultation.
For more info, please call: (510) 232-3143 or Send an Email today.