If you have teeth that are crooked, gapped or chipped, tooth bonding is an easy solution for restoring your healthy-looking smile. Tooth bonding is a process by which your cosmetic dentist applies a putty-like tooth-colored material to the enamel of your teeth to instantly change their shape, size, color and overall appearance.
As a cost-effective alternative to dental crowns and porcelain veneers, tooth bonding can often be completed in as little as one or two office visits depending on how many teeth have been selected for the procedure. In addition, less tooth enamel is affected and anesthesia in not usually required.
Tooth Bonding Procedure
- One of our doctors slightly roughens the surface of the affected teeth so the bonding
material will easily adhere to the outside of the tooth.
- The bonding is applied and molded into the correct size and shape.
- When you and Your doctor are both pleased with the new look, it’s hardened by an ultraviolet light.
- Finally it’s polished to match the sheen of your surrounding teeth.
- This procedure can usually be done without anesthesia!
If you would like to find out more about how tooth bonding can greatly improve the appearance of your smile, please contact us today to schedule your Complimentary Consultation.
To see how one of our cosmetic or implant dentists have used teeth bonding to makeover patients’ smiles in the San Francisco and Oakland area, please view the Bonding Smile Gallery.
For more info, please call: (510) 232-3143 or Send an Email today.