Cosmetic dentistry differs from general dentistry in that the goal is to improve one’s looks by improving the teeth, mouth, or smile. A cosmetic dentist can treat a variety of problems that are not considered health risks to make a person more comfortable with their appearance. Services offered by cosmetic dentistry in San Pablo, CA can range from simple to complex procedures.
Who should consider Cosmetic Dentistry in San Pablo, CA?
The answer to this question is simple. Anyone who doesn’t like the way their teeth or smile looks is a candidate. Smile designing includes everything from whitening treatment for discolored teeth to repairing chipped or misshapen teeth. Dr. Edwin Kim and Dr. Jacqueline Lee two of of the best cosmetic dentists in the East Bay area, help patients improve their appearance through smile designing using cosmetic dentistry treatment options. Some of the most popular includes:
Your first step is to schedule an appointment with Dr. Lee or Dr. Kim at San Pablo Dental Care. Our professional staff has the experience and expertise to provide you with the best recommendations to help you get the smile makeover you desire.
Smile Designing with Cosmetic Dentistry
A skilled cosmetic dentist can help make a difference in your appearance and smile. It can help you feel and look younger too. Usually, cosmetic procedures are used to restore chipped, cracked, discolored, or missing teeth which also help improve jaw alignment and the bite. Here’s a more detailed look at how these cosmetic procedures can help with smile designing.
Missing, Uneven, or Damaged Teeth – several options are available to help with teeth that are disproportionate, missing, chipped, or cracked. A cosmetic dentist at San Pablo Dentistry may suggest veneers, bridges, or implants as cosmetic solutions for these problems.
Brightness – There are many factors that can contribute to stained or discolored teeth. Caffeine, diet, smoking, and aging can cause teeth to become stained or off-color. Smile designing using cosmetic dentistry can eliminate the discoloration or stains and make teeth appear brighter and whiter.
Spacing and Alignment – Cosmetic dentistry has many available procedures to help correct gaps and misaligned teeth. Dental bonding is a quick and easy solution for fixing gaps between teeth. Tooth-colored resin is often used to shape teeth and give them a more natural look. Aligners can help move teeth back into proper alignment.
Treating Gums – Smile designing with cosmetic dentistry includes improving a gummy smile and balancing out the amount of gum that is seen. Shaping irregular gum contours and other serious gum issues can be corrected using cosmetic dentistry.
Factors Considered in Smile Designing
When you are not happy with your smile, it can be difficult to describe just what you want to be done to change it. Deciding what makes one smile more beautiful than another can be subjective. But there are a few things that can be used to measure the aesthetic quality of a smile. When you are ready for smile designing, these factors can be considered.
- Symmetry of the teeth and mouth should be balanced and rightly aligned with the eyes and the facial midline.
- Shape of the mouth, lips, and teeth create a signature shape for your smile. Cosmetic dental procedures help align the edges of the upper teeth and the smile line.
- Tooth characterization includes the shape of individual teeth and how this affects the smile. Smaller, rounder, smoother teeth are often considered more feminine. Square-shaped, larger teeth are more masculine.
- Proportion is the most prominent feature of a smile. The two front teeth make the biggest impact and need to be the right length to create a balanced, healthy smile.
- Color is more important and complex than it might seem. It should be considered and balanced with the individual’s age, hair, skin, and eye color.
- Occlusion can prevent the functionality of the teeth. The upper and lower teeth should contact each other when the mouth is closed. This is essential for the overall look of the smile, as well as for chewing and jaw alignment.
Contact Dr. Jacqueline Lee or Dr. Edwin Kim
When you are ready for smile designing, you want a dentist who has the experience and expertise to use cosmetic procedures successfully on your behalf. Dr. Edwin Kim at San Pablo Dental has specialized training, artistic skills, and experience to provide you with a wide range of cosmetic dental solutions. Call us to schedule a consultation!