If you have several missing teeth, our San Pablo Dental team can place a dental implant to support a permanent bridge to replace those teeth. Dental bridges are false teeth, also called ‘pontics,’ that replace gaps between neighboring teeth on either side.
Advantages of Implant-Supported Bridges
Traditional bridges are always an option, but there are some important advantages to having your bridge supported by an implant:
- No support is needed from neighboring teeth.
- No grinding on other teeth.
- Missing tooth roots are replaced by the implant: no deterioration of the jawbone is likely to occur
- There’ll be no gum recession as can happen with fixed traditional bridges, and no inconvenience as with removable partial dentures.
- The implant support is firm, giving your new teeth the look, feel, and function of natural teeth.
How is it done?
- Implants are placed at your first visit. A few months are allowed to pass while the bone attaches to them (a process known as osseo-integration).
- You can wear temporary teeth during this period.
- The number of implants placed will depend on how many gaps are being filled, as well as their location.
- During this period, your bridge will be carefully constructed using natural-looking porcelain teeth, customized to exactly fit the space left by your missing teeth.
- In your second visit, your new bridge is attached to the implants.
To view the Smile Gallery of our patients who have improved their smiles through dental bridges, please click here
As expert restorative and cosmetic implant dentists, Drs. Kim and Lee have received special accreditation in implant dentistry. They currently serve patients throughout San Francisco, Berkeley, Oakland, San Pablo and surrounding areas. If you are missing one or more teeth, contact us to schedule your Complimentary Consultation.